Do you want to help end immigrant poverty? Develop valuable nonprofit skills and experiences? Give back to the community? If so, consider applying for the NYIC VISTA position that will be hosted by Sapna NYC today!
NYIC VISTAs are AmeriCorps VISTAs and an AmeriCorps VISTA Leader who – through the New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) – engage in a year of full-time paraprofessional service in a host organization, where they work on volunteer management, communications, fundraising and/or administrative system projects for the purpose of building the host organization’s capacity to implement immigrant-focused anti-poverty programs and services.
Sapna NYC will be hosting a NYIC VISTA from August 29, 2015 to August 28, 2016. This VISTA will work on communications (e.g., social media, blog articles, website updates, event photography/filming), fundraising (e.g., a large and small event, a solicitation mailings), and administrative systems (e.g., training staff on new constituent management system). This capacity-building work will support Sapna NYC in engaging low-income immigrants in job training or skill development services such as ESOL classes.
The NYIC VISTA at Sapna NYC will be supported with:
- AmeriCorps VISTA Pre-Service Orientation (August 25 – 28, 2015)
- NYIC VISTA 3-day training (August 31 – September 2, 2015)
- Monthly professional development/networking webinars
- Monthly check-ins with NYIC staff
- Networking opportunities with other NYIC VISTAs
- Living allowance (stipend)
- Healthcare benefits
- Option of an end-of-year stipend or education award
- And more!
How to Apply
- Create an account at https://my.americorps.gov/ and log in.
- Visit the My AmeriCorps opportunity listing for the position
- Click on “Apply Now”
Applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP, as interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. To learn more about other NYIC VISTA opportunities, please click here. In order to be eligible for a VISTA position, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent legal resident.